Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 28 Marjorie's color challenge


Marjorie, Mommy Scraps, is feeling "beachy" this week. Her color choices are Bamboo, Crystal Blue, Dessert Sand and Buttercup. My mind didn't go to the beach, but to the woods in fall! I used my waterbrush and picked up Crystal Blue and Garden Green out of the lids of the stamp pads for the sky and grass. The went back into the Garden Green and made some grass tufts. I used Bamboo for the trees in the background and Desert Sand for the ones in the foreground. Then I took a piece of Desert Sand cardstock and weaved it in and out just to give a bit of visual interest.

5 comments:

Lea said...

Ohhh, very pretty. I love the waterbrush sky!

Marjorie said...

How funny that Sparkle got done before you :D I had to laugh at that. Your card is so beautiful! Scene cards are so in right now and leave it to me to not have any stamps to make scenes, lol. I love how you made the trees lighter in the back and darker up front, and all your shading! It's lovely :D Thanks for playing ^_~

Liane said...

Oh you make me giggle..... I love your um beachy card! I love the beach myself.... well not the stankin hot Florida beach, but a nice cool beach you can walk on and build a bonfire!

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your card! Your scene turned out so beautiful!

That is one of the perks I suppose being on the East Coast. Sad thing is, you're probably getting up when I'm going to bed. :) I only got lucky though cuz Marjorie posted early.

Have a lovely night!

sparkplug17.livejournal.com

Chris said...

Love this card!