Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another good soaking

We got another good soaking Tue afternoon. Came from the east and blew half way across the back porch! Good thing there's indoor-outdoor carpet out there. There was 1.5" in the rain gauge this morning. It thundered so loud and so close the whole house was shaking. The kitties made sure under the bed was protected! They hate the thunder! Chris called right at the height of the storm and I answered the phone in case something was wrong. She said there wasn't, so I quickly got off the phone. John says I can't get hit by lightning if I'm not on a land-line, but I'd really rather not test that theory! It may be his sly way of trying to off me!!

2 comments:

Liane said...

John is NOT trying to off you by having you talk on your cell... he has much better plans.... ROFLOL I am so glad you finally have rain!

Chris said...

sniff, sniff. She was just avoiding me...