Saturday, July 12, 2008

Big storms...





Moving in from the Gulf this morning. I just finished up doing chicken and pond duty. We had a good soaking again yesterday afternoon. Another 1.5" in the rain guage today. I dumped it so I can get a good measure since they say we are in for off and on showers and thunderstorms all weekend and even into the first part of next week. Chris and I were talking last night on her one hour commute home from work and I was telling her about our Chief Meterologist apologizing to "all the husbands out there for the rain ruining their golf games this weekend." Earlier in the week he was saying that our total rainfall for this time of year is supposed to be 19.50" and at the "official" rain guage at Tampa International Airport, they've had almost 26.50" year to date. Big flipping deal. Too bad we all don't live AT the airport. Kim, who is about 15 miles from me as the crow flies has been saying how little rain they have been having. So the drought's not over for her! Grrrrrrrrrr!!


I did find a few pretties blooming while I was on my appointed rounds this morning! The Passion Vines are going hot and heavy. Even found one with a wasp in it having breakfast! Then is my spider lily in the front bed. And finally a beautiful butterfly enjoying it's breakfast on the Firecracker Bush.

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are so right Sue. We still have a lot of "half empty" or "half full" (depending on how you look at it) retention ponds. You got 1.5 this morning? We got a few sprinkles. We are having a lazy day at our house. We keep hoping the rains come.

Marjorie said...

And here I thought that the Big Storms was the name of that huge purple flower!! I could totally see that as the name. Passion Flower fits alright, but I still like big storms, what a flower! I'm sorry you guys are still in a drought. There is always a drought here, the vices of living in a desert, lol. I hope you have a great week!