Tuesday, July 22, 2008

DVR Update

One thirty Monday afternoon. Doorbell rings. It's UPS with my DVR. That wasn't scheduled to be here til next Tuesday! So I call &%*$(# Verizon trying to get in touch with the lovely Christina that I talked to last week. I get the song and dance that they have no way to track who it was I talked to, blah, blah, blah. And of course the guy I'm talking to can't figure out how to schedule a tech to come and install it. So he transfers me. This guy can't figure it out either. So he says he's transferring me to their "problem solving" unit. But he can't. They are all tied up on other lines. So he puts me in for a call back. Two hours later, I get a call. And she tells me she can talk me thru the install. No, you people don't understand. I have no idea what I am doing. Not to mention the fact that our Entertainment center weights eleventybillion pounds and I can't move it. So she tells me she's going to call someone and see when a tech can come out. Good. You do that. An hour later she calls me back. She tells me that because Stoopid Cory (it KEEPS going back to that piece of crap!) wrote the initial order up as a self-install, that she cannot change it to a tech install without charging us $79.95 for them to come do it. WTF????!!!! It's their product, not some knock off I got at Billy-Bob's Discount DVR and Fishing Worms Place. So much for customer service. So then she tells me she's gonna call Cory and see if he can change it in the computer so they can install it and not charge us and she'll call me right back. I told her no she wouldn't because Mr Cory doesn't answer his phone, screens his calls and takes his jolly-good time returning your call. And guess what? She never called me back. But John got home from his folks about 6:30 and he pulled the Entertainment center out once we had eaten dinner, and got the DVR hooked up. Then we had a special 1-800 number to call to activate it. It took an hour for everything to load, then we had to re-set the remote to "play" with the new box. So by then, it was way past his bedtime and I was too pissed to mess with it to see if I could get it to record anything. I have the old Set Top Box in the box and have to take it to the UPS store later to send it back. Then I'll play around with the new DVR and see if I can get it to work.

4 comments:

lovinpaper said...

all I can say is WOW. I'm glad I got rid of Verizon when I did. Talk about poor customer service!! Mr. Cory needs to find another job.

Chris said...

OMG. How can they stay in business with Customer Service like that?

Liane said...

I am glad you got it..... what a PITA!

jeanne said...

I bow to you. You are my hero. I so would have been spewing my not so everyday vocabulary and telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine.