Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grungy Monday 34

Linda has another great challenge this week for the Grungy Monday challenge. It uses Distress Crackle. You can see all the deets here should you want to play too!
http://studiol3.blogspot.com/2012/01/grungy-monday-34-were-cracking-up-over.html

I pretty much stuck to t!m's example of using the Crackle directly on a Kraft tag. Watch his video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43m8eiQZ3P0 

I used Broken China and Dusty Concord on my tag and let it dry, then distressed it even more with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I wiped some of the ink off the Crackle with a wet cloth. Then used some 7Gypsies Tissue Paper on various areas of the tag, smooshing it up and then inked it as well. I distressed the edges of the tag and inked them with Gathered Twigs. I had some vein-y looking rub ons in my stash from long ago and don't remember who the mfg was. I applied them in different areas of the tag. The lady and cherries are from a sheet of Graphic 45 dp that I cut out and distressed. I added a bit of Diamond Stickles to the cherries and pop-dotted them for dimension. I also had some bottle tops in my stash, so I pulled one out and used a stamp from t!m's Visual Artistry line to stamp the weedy plant and then used Broken China and Vintage Photo Distress Inks to age it, then put it in the bottle cap and Gloosy Accent'd the top to seal it. I also used a foundry pin and a piece of seam binding colored with Gathered Twigs. Once everything was on the tag, I splotched Crackle Rock Candy here and there on the tag for just a bit of sparkle and shine.




5 comments:

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! x

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Waht a beautiful tag!

anna christensen crafts said...

I adore this tag Sue, It's fantastic! Loving the 'weedy plant' stamp in the bottle cap! Fab colour scheme and love the lady... she has a certain look in her eye, very beguiling! Hope it wasn't Bert that made her blush. 'Lips' would not be bet pleased!

Debbie DP said...

All I can say is wow. I love all the details of the tag. Everyplace I look I see something on the tag. Just wonderful. Love the bottle cap.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW Sue!!! Fabulous! I love the image of the girl and your crackle lackle!!! Gorgeous colors as well...eye candy! And who's Bert?