Tuesday, January 31, 2012

She's scrappin'!

I donated a LOT of scrappy stuff to the Girl Scouts a couple of weeks ago and in doing so, we found an old photo album of John's. I thought I had scrapped all of his childhood albums. Obviously not! So I'm scrapping! I'll share a few layouts here and there as I do them. Thankfully the album was a paper one and his mom used photo corners, so they weren't in one of those horrid sticky ones that were so popular in the 70's.

We'll start with John's Paternal Grandfather. I've covered up his name to protect the innocent! Grandfather died long before I came on the scene, but John has very fond memories of travels with his grandparents. They took him on a vacation with them when he was small and all he wanted to eat was Kentucky Fried Chicken. He says they went to a "white tablecloth" restaurant one night for dinner and he said Grandfather wanted to throttle him when he asked the waiter if they had Kentucky Fried Chicken!! 


Paper is CTMH Back Country (retired) and I used Pinky to cut the tree embellie. The border is also retired CTMH Color Ready Borders that I used Sparkle and Sprinkle Golden Follies embossing powder on.



4 comments:

Debbie DP said...

I love this layout. I guess I better as peppy how pinky made the tree.

craftytrog said...

Fabulous LO Sue! Love that photo! x

anna christensen crafts said...

Great layout and what a photo to work with! That is a great photo and your layout celebrates it really well.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Scrapbooking...what...what's that??? LOL!!! How I wish I could get back to go that! This is wonderful!!! The photo really looks so vintage, and the whole page color scheme is perfect for it! Kudos to you for scrap'n again!