Wednesday, April 22, 2009

OCC challenge




Silke gave the Our Creative Corner participants an interesting challenge this week. In honor of Earth Day today, we were challenged to recycle something.




I had saved a nut can to do "something" with. We found out recently that John's Japanese cousin Akiko-san is pregnant with her first child, a boy! This is the first boy in their family in over 20 years, so there is much excitement in Japan! I decided to recycle the nut can into a cotton ball holder. I covered it using CTMH Animal Cookies pp and a couple of my EK Success punches. I stamped and cut out the train pieces from CTMH Childhood stamp set. The Kanji on the top says I Love You and it was stamped with CTMH Kanji Phrases stamp set. I've got a few other things I'll be making and send one huge Baby Box to Japan soon!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

what a cute tin, they will love it. Great way to recycle.

Liane said...

REALLY cute Sue!

Silke Ledlow said...

Sue - this is a cute gift idea!!! I bet the new mommy-to-be thinks so too!!!

Thank you for playing with us again this week :)!!! ~S~

Chris said...

Akiko-san will love everything and she'll be touched you sent it!