Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back to scrappin'




I think my fave new product in the Spring Summer Idea Book may well be the Kraft Color Ready Borders. I tried an experiment, figuring if it didn't work, I'd lost less than a buck. I wanted to see if I could emboss them. And I can! I ran my embossing buddy over the border, then using just my hands and fingers, smooshed (that's a technical term!) the border into my embossing pad til I thought it was juicy enough. I did 1/2 of the border at a time for easier handling. Then I poured my embossing powder over the border, heat set it and did the same thing for the other end of the border. I was very pleased with the outcome and will be doing this technique again! I then took a piece of the Colinial White crochet ribbon and wove it thru the holes on the border. One word to the wise. Should you decide to do this, take the cover OFF the sticky back before you weave your ribbon thru. It is not fun having to cut between each weave, being careful NOT to cut either the border OR the ribbon. Don't ask me how I know this!

This is Miss Joy's school picture for the current school year. I used the now retired, but one of my all-time favorite CTMH paper packs, Silhouette. I also used up the last of the dimensional elements that came in the Miracle paper pack. The photo corners were some that Debbie and Evan sent for my birthday in 2009. No, I don't hoard supplies. Why do you ask?! They were clear and I used one of the B&T papers to cover them with.

1 comment:

Debbie DP said...

wow cute cute cute. your niece too. I love how you embossed and added the crochet ribbon. Great page.