Saturday, September 5, 2009

OCC challenge


Great challenge this week at Our Creative Corner! Use stars and stripes, and not necessarily in a patriotic theme. I needed a birthday card, so that was the direction I took.


I started with some t!m Holtz Grungepaper and my Cuttlebug. Using my distressed lines folder, I added some dimension to the Grungepaper then I distressed the lines with Ranger Distress Ink Weathered Wood ink. Then I pulled out some chipboard and double stamped stars using CTMH Shining Star and You're A Star stamp sets on both the chipboard and different B&T's from CTMH Sweet Home paper pack. After cutting out the stars and adhering the B&T to the chipboard, I used my edge distresser and roughed up the edges of some of the stars. I have a new-found affection for common household string, so after adhering the Grungepaper to my background B&T, I used eyelets in the corners and strung some string thru the holes. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from CTMH It's Your Day stamp set. The three star brads are unknown from my stash. Some of the stars are pop-dotted for added visual interest and the largest star has Ranger Distress Stickles Scattered Straw on the outside edges for a little bling!

10 comments:

Mrs B said...

Sue, what a fab card!!! I love the different sizes of stars! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!
CindyB

Unknown said...

Sue- Thanks for playing with us this week! I love all those fab stars. What a great idea to distress those stripes. I have the same EB folder and I'm going to give it a try this week.

Lori Rider said...

What a great card! I love your distressing and all the varied stars. Wonderful job and thanks for playing along!

Melissa said...

Thanks for inspiring me to distress more often! Thanks for playing with us at the OCC!

Jenny Gropp said...

I love the string! Wonderfully done card -- lotsa FUN elements and details!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great take on this week's OCC challenge, Sue. I love all the different stars you have incorporated. I'm so happy to see someone else doing grunge - it's my absolute favorite. Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

Patti MacLeith said...

The tall star is my favorite! I really like your creation!

Jolanda said...

Great card! Love the colors! Love the way tou made it!

Debbie DP said...

great cards. i love to look at the cards you make from the challenges

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome star card - Sue!!! So gald you had a chance to play along!!! Hugs ~S~