Sunday, September 6, 2009

CardPatterns challenge


Guess the gals at CardPatterns are up north since they were talking about cooler weather starting the first of Sept on this weeks challenge! It's still summer here in the Tampa area! Heck, we've still got two full months of hurricane season left! Hopefully we'll see our first cold front before Thanksgiving!! They do come up with some really cool Card Patterns though, so I'll cut them some slack!


Since it's a new month, I've got birthday cards to make, so this challenge filled another of those slots. I'm really loving the CTMH Sweet Home paper pack. It lends itself well to masculine or feminine cards. I used the CTMH stamp set from the current promotion, Everyday Celebrations kit for my image and sentiment. The balloons have Glossy Accents on them for some shine and I hand-cut the candle and "flame" which is covered in Ranger Fruit Punch Stickles. The felt flourish is from the CTMH Heartfelt Whimsy collection.

3 comments:

whoistracy said...

Sue, I'm in western NY and it WAS fallish here last week. But today we have temps in the 80s. Definitely not good for the first day of school. Love your take on the sketch this week.

Chris said...

Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Patterns sketch this week! I'm thrilled to be the sponsor and just posted my own card for the sketch on my blog! :) Maybe these snowmen will help cool you guys down south...send some heat this way!!

http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com/2009/09/winter-color-trends.html

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice bold use of the sketch Sue, like the balloons with the Birthday message!