Monday, November 26, 2007

Wild Life



While we have them year-round, in the fall and winter is when we see "our" Sand Hill Cranes the most. They are a nesting pair who know where all of the feeders are in the neighborhood and when their regular food source is diminished, they will come and eat at the feeders multiple times a day. A few years ago, the female got some fishing line twisted around her legs. It took almost a month for us to be able to catch her and cut the line from around her legs. She walked with a limp for a couple of years, but is all better now. She seems to remember that we are the ones who helped her and that's why I was able to get so close to them to take the picture.

3 comments:

jeanne said...

oooooooooh, cute. How come you get the neat birds and all I get are buzzards??????

Sue said...

Becauz I live in da woodz!

And I get budzards too!

Liane said...

They are beautiful! Wow, thanks for sharing. That is really neat. I am so glad you started blogging! =-)