Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Favorites



I've discovered a couple of new favorites recently and wanted to share.


First is Michelob Ultra Raspberry Pomegranate beer. Or as my sister Kathy called it Thanksgiving day, "near beer!" I'm not real adventurous when it comes to beer. Gimme Michelob Light and I'm good to go. I would never have even tried this one had John not popped the top and brought it to me and said, "Don't look, just taste." It was love at first taste! So much so, that the next day when I went to the grocery store, a 6 pack jumped off the beer shelf and right into my cart! Hate it when that happens! My friend Helen told me the lime flavor beer that Michelob is making is equally good, so I must try it as well for scientific purposes only! Tomorrow when I go grocery shopping, I will be picking up a 6 pack of it and post results next week.


And I guess, should you imbibe a bit too much and need some coffee, CoffeeMate has a Limited Edition creamer that is just wonderful. It's Pumpkin Spice. Tastes like you are having a slice o' pumpkin pie with your morning, or noon, or evening coffee. I had become hooked on Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte's and at $5.00 a pop, I can do this at home for waaay less and it tastes just as good. I'll be stocking up on this before the end of the year!


I had pretty much quit drinking coffee since I quit smoking. Drinking alcohol and not smoking didn't bother me near as much as coffee with no cigarette. My coffee didn't taste the same! But I'm getting back to where I can have coffee and not miss the cigarettes quite as bad. 'Bout time! Feb 08 will be 2 years since I've quit. And John is now 3 weeks smoke free! He is doing the Patch because our insurance rate was gonna go up $600 next year if he were still smoking. He can get the Patch free thru work, so he's doing really good.Guess they figure it's cheaper in the long run to get them off the cigarettes than to have to pay for cancer treatments later down the line. I'm sooo proud of him!

2 comments:

Kim said...

OMG, I love that pumpkin spice. I also recommend the egg nog and we have the chocolate mint. YUMMY. Definately does cut down on the trips to Starbucks :)

Chris said...

So, for those of us who hare coffee or beer, we're SOL on the flavords Waaaaah!

WTG John on being smoke-free! Mike will try to quit again after the new year.