I felt a need to make my last canvas for Dina's Out of the Journal challenge something Halloween-y. I started with a page from an old songbook that I picked up at the thrift store and crumpled it up, then opened it and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink all over it. Then I painted over the distress with neon green and orange and black just to tone that neon down a little bit. I cut out
t!m's 'Brolly man and cut his head off (!) and used one of t!m's grungeboard skulls and used Picket Fence Paint Dabber to paint it. I added some black tulle here and there on the canvas. Made my own template for the overhanging tree since I don't have one and schmeared modeling paste thru my template. When I painted the limbs brown, I guess it reacted with the other colors underneath and with the modeling paste because it turned purple. And the more brown I applied, the more purple it got. So I'm goin' with purple tree branches! Then to kinda cover up some of the purple, I added some cheesecloth that I tore into strips for "spider webs", then I stamped and cut out a few of Dyan's spiders from Bits of This. A couple of the spiders are black widows with their red sparkle bellies! The cat in front of the house and the bats are also from Bits of This stamp set.
This has been fun Dina! Hope you do it again next year.