Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cards for our Troops

We recently found out that one of our CTMH Team sisters is being deployed to Afghanistan. She has asked the team to make and send cards for her to share with the other Troops at her base and also for them to give to the Afghan children they come in contact with. Our wonderful Upline, Susan is going to be collecting cards from team members and sending "care" packages to our sister Consultant during her deployment.

I just got some new CTMH toyz to play with yesterday. Things that weren't available early for Consultants to sample, so I decided what better way to play with new things than to make some cards for our Troops! I'll be sharing cards as I make them over the next little while.

These card layouts are in our new Make It From Your Heart how-to publication. With the retirement of our prior how-to books these new publications combine the best of both worlds. They will have layouts for scrapbookers AND cardmakers! I also ordered some of our new Pigment inks and they are what I used for all of the stamping and edge distressing. The colors are so lush! Something you can't get with water based dye inks. There's also a bit of our new Metallic Silver and Gold markers on the stars. And speaking of stars. You'll notice that 4 of the cards are the same except for the size of the stars. ALWAYS be sure to check the size of your settings on your Cricut before you cut! I forgot to do that and my stars were smaller than I wanted. Rather than toss the stars, I decided I'd just do another set of stars in the size I'd intended for them to be all along! Paper pack is Dotty For You, an campaign from earlier this summer and is no longer available.



1 comment:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a wonderful wonderful idea!!!!! Kudos to you! Great cards!