Friday, August 24, 2012

Love

It's week 4 at Dina's Out of the Journal challenge. I went really simple this week. John keeps telling me that less is more, so I thought I'd try it and see what I could come up with. I used a piece of scrapbook cardstock that I wasn't real crazy about and gesso'd over it along with the rest of my canvas. I dripped some Distress Stains in Vintage Photo and Crushed Olive along the outside edges. Used a graphite pencil around the cardstock to make it stand out a bit. The heart and wings are cut from a Tim Holtz Sizzix die using GrungePaper which I painted with Paint Dabbers. The Love banner was done with Maya Road pennants and I stamped the letters on cs and applied them with Glue and Seal. The flower on the bottom is from some mesh ribbon that I whip-stitched and gathered to make the flower and used a bling-y embellishment from my stash. Simple, but I kinda like it!


4 comments:

Laura Spano said...

I love it. I like how you try new things each week. I'm not really good at doing simple....I tend to keep adding. Haven't started mine yet...plan on squeezing 10 min here and there in between chores!

Clare Lloyd said...

love the delicate colour palette and fab little banner. x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What? Less is more, huh? Then I got lots of exercise to do...lol! This is wonderful Sue...love the background! The banner is great!

Joanna said...

Your canvas is lovely, really calming (if that makes sense?). Lovely soft colours and the LOVE banner looks perfect.