Monday, March 19, 2012

Peep, peep, peep

My feed store is getting peeps in already. I had stopped a couple of weeks ago to see what the schedule was on the arrival of the different varieties I want to get. I'm down to 4 girls and like to have between 8-10. Course I have to have my Americauna's! Love those green eggs. And I lost both of my chocolate layers last year, so wanted to get a couple more of them. The "chicken guy" at the feed store told me I needed to try Buff Orpingtons. He said they are very docile and are great layers of brown eggs and today was the day they were to arrive. Apparently they came in the end of last week instead, so I got to bring 3 new babiez home with me today.

And since it's a new week, there's a new challenge at Simon Says Stamp. This week it's all about make your own background. So the new (as yet, nameless) babiez were my inspiration behind this tag.

I started with Distress Stains in vintage photo and peeled paint (to mimic grass and dirt) and did the splat them on my Kraft sheet and spray my tag with water and smoosh it thru the stains technique. Then I dried it and flicked some water on it to give some spots. The smaller tag I did in the same fashion but used dried marigold and vintage photo. I used some of the Scrabble letters from the CTMH Crusin' paper pack to spell out "Peeps." I stamped a row of peeps on white cs using a stamp from the CTMH set called Springtime and colored them with colored pencils then cut them out. I used a piece of Magic Mesh and used some Molding Paste to give a bit more definition to the tag and once I dried it with my heat gun, I distressed it a bit with some Distress Ink gathered twigs. I printed a pic of the peeps that I took after I got them home on regular copy paper and cut the images out and applied them to the tag. Once everything was in place, I used t!m's mixed media chicken wire stamp set to stamp over the whole tag. And I love how the one peep that her head is kinda hanging off the top of the tag, how the chicken wire appears broken and she's trying to escape! That was NOT planned! I didn't even realize it til after I was done stamping.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of ooohing and arrrhing from me! LOVE the tag ... and the real thing is totally awesome! Thanks for sharing your work with the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!

ellen vargo designs said...

soooo cute! Love your tag, and those peeps are adorable! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Ellen :)

Debbie DP said...

We love your tag. The inspiration you use is remarkable. Love it love it love it

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I'm dying!!!! You are incredible! I love your peeps and your peep tag! OMgosh...everything is fantastic....the chicken wire stamp, the real pictures, the peek a boo, the colors, it's a wow!!!

Trish Latimer said...

The chicken wire stamp is so cool! love it!