Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paradise Art Journal

 Friend Anna shared this blog post with me yesterday and the sound you heard about 10:30 AM Eastern time was me sighing! I thought the card was simply beautiful. And as is generally the case when I see something that I am especially taken with, I have to try and recreate it using the "Sue spin" on it. So that what I've been up to this morning! The latest pages in my Art Journal.

I used CTMH Footloose paper pack and  the accompanying stamp set along with the surfboard and sun from now retired CTMH Splish Splash. All stamped images either have Stickles or Glossy Accents on them. I used wild honey Distress Stain to color the cheesecloth and once I dried it with my heat gun (there's that impatience rearing it's head again!) I further distressed it using Distress Ink Pad gathered twigs and my blending tool. I found a little clam charm in my stash and attached it to the cheesecloth. I cut out the banner pieces using Pinky and covered them with a piece of Random Stamped cs I had left over from an earlier project. I used CTMH A Typeset alphabet to stamp the sun n fun on the banner and used raffia to attach it.







2 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Sue - Now I'm sighing! This is so gorgeous! I love the papers and the charm on the cheesecloth and the sheer width of the vista that you have created. This is so delightful my friend - Paradise indeed! Ooh and I loved the bunting too. Anna xxx

Debbie DP said...

WoW. So much detail. This is wonderful wow you let your creativity shine with this project.