Saturday, January 17, 2009

OCC Challenge


Jennifer at Our Creative Corner challenged us this week with Emboss Resist. Basically, you use your embossing pad and stamp. Then cover your design in Clear Embossing powder and heat. Then you take ink or chalk or some other color medium and cover the entire area. Once you do that, you then take a paper towel and wipe it down and where you embossed will "resist" the color medium. It's a really cool look!


I decided to use Kraft cardstock. And as usual, I had no idea other than that. My card just kinda evoloved, as they generally do! I pulled out an oldie but goodie stamp set, CTMH Friendship Blessings. I just love the flowers in that set! I random stamped the large and medium open flowers on my cardstock, then came back in with the solid leaf stamp. I used three different colors of CTMH inks, Sweet Leaf, Honey and Tulip. Found some paper flowers in my stash and added them to the sentiment along with a piece of ribbon.

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Sue, this is beautiful! Wonderful emboss resist card!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

I agree with Dawn - this is a beauty!!! Thanks for playing!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a gorgeous background you created. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing! :)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Sue!! LOVE the gorgeous background embossing! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

Cindy Haffner said...

So very pretty thanks for playing.

Lynda Benden said...

Gorgeous Sue!!! Wow, you did a fantastic job using this technique! Great job and thank you for playing!

Amy Sheffer said...

This is GORGEOUS! (Then again, all of your stuff is!!) I love how you did the technique on Kraft! The sentiment looks great in those Nesties, too!

Dori Shelton said...

Very pretty! Love the colors

Suzanne C said...

Love the colors on your resist. Beautiful!