Monday, May 19, 2008

What am I gonna do...



Once Convention is over? I'll have to find something new to bore y'all with, that's for sure! Worked on more swap cards over the weekend.


First one uses Boom-di-Ada paper pack and flowers from our Dimensional Elements. I covered the flowers in the stripe B&T. Did a little Random Stamping on some white cardstock that I marked grid lines on using my Scor-It for some added interest. A piece of our new green ric-rac for the flower stem.


For the second card I used WhoopsADaisy paper pack. Man is that paper pack bright! For this one, I scored lines around the outside edge of the white cardstock using my Scor-It again, then inked the edge with Topiary ink for some dimension. The flowers were stamped using Delight In Everything stamp set and Watermelon and Hydrangea inks. The big flower I used some embossing powder from Sparkle and Sprinkle and pop-dotted it for dimension.


A pretty boring weekend here at Chez Waters! Saturday we ran some errands and stopped at Chipotle (http://www.chipotle.com/) for dinner. We had some sprinkler heads that had puked, so we got new heads and while I played turn on and off the sprinkler system girl, John changed heads. Since we can only water one day a week, there's no sense in the water just shooting straight up in the air and not watering what it needs to water. We did get a precious spit of rain yesterday afternoon. Everything is so dry and brown. There have been numerous wildfires over on the east coast of FL and also down by the Everglades. June 1 starts Hurricane season, and while I do not want a repeat of the 2004 season when 4 of them came thru FL, I certainly hope we get some beneficial rain this season. We've not had a good rainy season since that record breaking season of 2004.

No comments: