Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas-Day 8

We're into the home stretch now. And I'd like to say Thank You to everyone from all over the world who has taken the time to comment on my tags. It means so much to me. I wonder if t!m realizes how much smaller he's made our world just by doing these tags.

t!m went to his Steampunk/Grungy roots with this tag! You can see his sample here:
http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/12/12-tags-of-christmastag-8.html

For the first time in 8 tags, I decided to stay pretty close to his sample! Shocking, I know!! I don't know why I bothered with the background stamping since you can only see a peek of it! I used a brick stamp at the bottom and all you can see is just a teeny bit of it. And I used a Stampers Anonymous stamp with various suns on it along the right side and again, you can only see little flecks of white. Then I went in with the Limited Edition Holiday Distress Inks and colored the whole tag. The mini Artkeepers piece is from my stash. (I always knew I'd find a use for that baby someday!) I used some Christmas music paper I had and a "better not pout" rub-on again from my stash. I enameled the bells and holly as t!m demo-ed in Day 6's tag, but I didn't distress this one. I did three layers of Embossing Powder on this one to make it really shine. The "three wise men" have Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint on their hats and jackets and there's a little bit spread pretty thin on the upper left corner of the tag. I used a CTMH Stamp of the Month (that's no longer available) for my number tag. On the little arrow inside the stamp I used some Diamond Stickles. Used some white grosgrain ribbon from my stash and used the dampen a puddle of Festive Berries Distress Ink with a spritz of water method and colored the ribbon. This one comes in a close second as my favorite behind Day 4!


9 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh! I love that statement 'better not pout'. Just fab.

anna christensen crafts said...

Oh Sue!, 'better not pout?' you have an English friend nearly crying with laughter. I love your tags, I love the way you write - so glad I found you, you have really made my day. Anna x

Татьяна-Пятница said...

Great Tag. I like very.

Jennie Atkinson said...

A great tag and I just love that sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Another fantastic tag Sue! Love that sentiment! x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So cool...and I love the pink!!!

olushka-design.blogspot.com said...

So beautiful!

zaya00 said...

Both tags are very stylish!

Debbie DP said...

great job love the "pout" I love the notes on the bottom of the tag