Saturday, February 7, 2009

OCC challenge


Laurie is our hostess for Feb at Our Creative Corner and she starts off the month by challenging us to make a card about what inspires us. It's funny, because with all of the stamps and papers and embellishments I have, it's the Japanese style of stamps and paper that inspires me the most. I guess that says a lot abut how much my mother in law means to me. She married my fil against her parents wishes, came to the US not knowing the language but still managed to raise 2 fine kids. She continues to amaze me at 86 years old. She has more get up and go than people half her age! Sometimes I think she just may live forever! And with her in mind, this is the card I came up with this morning. In a former life, I was a quilter, so quilt patterns also inspire me and usually give me goose-bumps! The card itself is based on the Log Cabin quilt pattern. I used Prima Tea and Silk collection. The ribbon and flowers are from that same collection. The brad is a new CTMH Pewter Brad.

6 comments:

Debbie DP said...

Very very pretty card. I love that trim/ribbon. I

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty, love the lace. Thanks for playing.

Silke Ledlow said...

Sue - this is a wonderful inspired card!!! I like the Asian theme and it is also a wonderful tribute to your MIL!!! Thank you for playing along!!!

Liane said...

lovely card.... there is nothing about this card that I don't like! Beautiful, love the new brad there, I am hording mine!

Lynda Benden said...

This is beautiful Sue! How lucky you are to have such a wonderful MIL!

LORi said...

What pretty lace to go along with a pretty card!!

Thanks for joining us!!