Saturday, February 14, 2009

new challenge


I don't know how long I've been reading Amy R's blog Prairie Paper & Ink and yesterday it finally smacked me right between the eyes that she does a challenge every week. Somedays...OK! MOST days I can be dense! So as soon as I saw her challenge for this week, I knew I'd finally found a use for the bamboo embellishments that came on some bamboo sheets I purchased when Linens N Things was going out of business. I thought at the time how redundant it was for them to put the little bamboo embellishment on the package...like you weren't aware you were actually buying bamboo sheets! But I saved those little suckers! Not knowing when or on what I would use them, but knowing that I would use them! Because they are bamboo, I had to do an Oriental theme card. So I pulled out CTMH Unforgettable pp. The stamp is a JudiKins that I bought from an online friend. The image is Black Embossed, then I came back in with CTMH Juniper ink for the leaves and CTMH Creme Brulee ink for the flower and CTMH Sorbet ink for highlights. The edge of the cream paper has been sponged with Cocoa for some dimension. I ran the Junpier cardstock thru my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder, then punched the edge with my MS punch. The brown button is one from my stash, origin unknown.

4 comments:

Liane said...

love that, mil?

Yankee in England said...

I love the bamboo! Great card

Rachel said...

This is such a beautiful card!

AmyR said...

Well I'm glad you finally noticed the sketches and got to play along LOL! Great card! :)