Saturday, August 16, 2008
Looks like we could be in for a Category 1 Hurricane on Monday into Tuesday. Fay is her name and destruction seems to be her game. We are at a point now where we are wondering if/when to bring John's folks to our house. They are closer to the water than we are and are in a level one evacuation zone, meaning they are the first to go. So we plan to watch the weather closely in the morning and see if the projected path has changed. As of now, it looks like it will pass directly over us with winds in excess of 75 MPH but less than 90 MPH. If Fay stays on this path, we will drive the 30 miles south to his folks, get them and bring them here. Neither of us want his dad driving any more than he absolutely has to. I'll have to go to the store and get more food and get stuff prepared. We have the generator, but you can't run the stove/oven off it. John's gone now to fill his truck with gas plus the three 5 gallon gas cans we have. We filled my truck on the way home from visiting my sister and her family earlier today. So we're in hurry up and wait mode. Not a whole lot else we can do.