Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tin is in!

Janet is the hostess this week at Stampotique Designers Challenge and she wanted us to used tin for SDC197. Donna had given me this tin and I had no idea what I was going to do with it. But better to take it than her throw it away! I knew I'd find a use for it! 

June 1 starts another  Index Card A Cay (ICAD) with hostess Tammy Garcia. I played last year, and have my  new index cards ready to go for 61 days! You can read more about it here. Any and all are welcome to join! I have acquired quite a nice selection of pens and markers and have been storing them in a Ziploc bag. I decided to repurpose the tin into a pen/marker holder! I started with Adirondack Alcohol Inks and covered the tin. Then I used Black Distress paint on an Industrious Sticker, let it dry, then wiped off the high spots. I colored my kitties with NeoColor, then highlighted with Fude Ball Black and Signo Uniball White pens. Now this can sit proudly on my cra(p)ft table and my pens and markers will be right at hand!




5 comments:

Kathi said...

Such a wonderful and useful project. I love the colors of the kitties and also love the alcohol ink background!

Your "crapft" table comment made me giggle!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Sam & Poppy said...

This is great Sue, you are lucky :)

Corrie Herriman said...

SO cute ! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique !
Corrie x

Jackie said...

Love your tin for your pens you made ! Thank you for joining us at the SDC blog

Vera Lane Studio said...

The little kittens look perfect on your alcohol inked background. what a nice way to create a useful studio container.