Monday, August 6, 2012

She Believed

  Dina has a new challenge going on her blog. Out of the Journal for the month of August. Each week, players will work on a canvas or some other medium other than in their journals. I am LATE coming to the party this week! I kept searching for inspiration and the more and harder I searched, the more it ran away! This morning, while blog hopping I came across this quote and I knew I'd found my inspiration! On the Art Journaling FB page that I am a member of, one of the gals posted a digi image of the lovely lass, so she became my image. I used acrylic paints on my canvas and then random stamped and doodled over the paint. There's some rub-ons used and some Christy Tomlinson She Art birds and butterflies.



10 comments:

Joanna said...

I really like your canvas, fab funky colours and the quote is one I would do well to remember!

Dina said...

She's very sweet! Thanks so much for playing!

Marjie Kemper said...

Very fun! Love her hair and how you mixed stamping with writing out the sentiment.

Anonymous said...

I love using quotes as inspiration! Very spring. Very cheerful.

Laura Spano said...

Sweet! Love the color choices and the quote. She's lovely!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Cool Sue! Love your inspiration gal...she's cute and fun! The whole canvas is fun and bright and cheerful! Love the built up layers for the background!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful art work, love the soft pastell coloring.
Hugs Anja

My Heart's Fancy said...

Love the interesting use of color.... so fun.

anna christensen crafts said...

This is gorgeous Sue, love the colour scheme - it's really fresh, the image and quote are great too x

anna christensen crafts said...

This is gorgeous Sue, love the colour scheme - it's really fresh, the image and quote are great too x